Northwestern Social Networks 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling homes over twitter???

2 posters

Go down

Selling homes over twitter??? Empty Selling homes over twitter???

Post  Piotr Maniak Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:32 am

Turns out that real estate agents are turning to twitter to market their homes. For real estate agents, its a good way to get across information and referrals with relatively small amount of effort. Read here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30269755/

Would any of you like to receive information about homes for sale by receiving little tweets on your phone? Social networks have come a long way from just being a place to share pictures and information with close friends, now its all about following people you don't know but find interesting, as is the case with twitter. On top of that we can now sell homes over social networks. I guess subscribing to real estate agent tweets its similar to subscribing to an rss feed to a website like espn or a blog like engadget. I personally use an rss reader with firefox and have about 4 different rss feeds that I read right when I get a notification. If I was searching for a home, I think I'd like to notified if a new home is on the market but I'd prefer email not a tweet. What you think?

Piotr Maniak

Back to top Go down

Selling homes over twitter??? Empty Re: Selling homes over twitter???

Post  Jacquelyn S Thich Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:25 pm

This article also tells of how Twitter is being used by sports teams to announce draft picks. It is interesting to think who this news gets to. I think Twitter is a good way to advertise because those who are reading this new have chosen to receive this so they hold this of more importance than the average person. This new reaches out to the people who care most about it but also might not reach out to people who might be interested. People who subscribe to a particular Twitter are like strong links and the weak links can be considered those who would otherwise read the tweets but aren't subscribed. Because of this, other ads in newspapers, for example, could be better sources of advertising because it reaches the weak links (an ordinary newspaper reader will come along an ad they find interesting).

Jacquelyn S Thich

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum