Northwestern Social Networks 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Bets On Social Networking

2 posters

Go down

Ford Bets On Social Networking Empty Ford Bets On Social Networking

Post  sidharthgarg Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:34 pm

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2009/04/how-the-fiesta.html

It seems as though Ford is looking to harness the power of social networking to promote their new car called the Ford Fiesta. It is interesting to see a traditionally old-school advertising industry (TV ads and billboards) looking to try different methods of advertising. It is a large gamble but it could pay off and perhaps other car manufacturers will start to use this model for spreading the word.

sidharthgarg

Back to top Go down

Ford Bets On Social Networking Empty Re: Ford Bets On Social Networking

Post  Dave Sexton Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:37 pm

This article caught my attention because I am working for Ford come summer time. During my interview process I was combined with both people applying for a technology job like myself, but also with finance and marketing people. Although most of my discussions were in separate groups from the marketing candidates, I was able to speak to many of them and marketing was also discussed during a presentation. The bottom line seemed to be that the customers that considered themselves to be “Ford drivers” were older, and it was a custom passed down through generations. There were 2 big things being discussed, one being more fuel efficient cars and the other was trying to market to a younger audience. I think this article describes just how they plan on reaching a younger audience and as we all know from how fast social networks can spread, I think using channels like Facebook is a great idea for the strongest of the big 3.

Dave Sexton

Back to top Go down