Northwestern Social Networks 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adwords Editor Affects on Quality Scores

Go down

Adwords Editor Affects on Quality Scores Empty Adwords Editor Affects on Quality Scores

Post  Elif Koru Sun May 24, 2009 11:27 pm

This was an interesting blog that discusses the affect of adwords editor on quality scores. Quality scores are important to advertisers, as the quality score factors into the bid of the advertisement such that an advertisement with a higher quality score can oftentimes get a higher position regardless of a slightly lower bid. In this blog, it can be seen that this individual asked about the affects of adwords on quality scores. As can be seen, the answer from google shows that updating URLs does not change quality scores significantly. However, this is different from changing text in the ad. Thus, when creating ads, it is important to know that changing adtext essentially is the same thing as getting a new ad (so quality score gets deleted).
I found this interesting because it shows the importance of knowing advertisement ranking strategies of google.
For example, knowing this, an advertiser would know that he or she will be much better off starting a new ad instead of changing the wording of an old one. That way, the old one can be reused with its old quality score when needed, and the new one can be used with a lower quality score without deleting the quality score of the old ad.
Overall, I foudn this glob interesting because it one again made me realize the importance of knowing the ranking strategies.

here is the link:

http://www.marketingdon.com/2009/02/adwords-editor-affects-quality-score-in-different-ways/

Elif Koru

Back to top Go down