Northwestern Social Networks 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobile Social networking

2 posters

Go down

Mobile Social networking Empty Mobile Social networking

Post  jsc945 Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:03 am

"Centrlis a smart-phone application that lets you see which of your Facebook friends are around. You can spot nearby buddies on a screen-based map and send them instant messages. You can even mark a map location to let them know about a good restaurant or nightclub. Retailers can send you a coupon if you're near. And you can share that coupon with your friends."

I am not sure, but there have been few applications that were able to spot the people on agreement of each other to trace where individuals are. In the article, it also says about privacy concerns as well as how the market will grow larger and larger. It will be interesting those who are looking for new market and new model for social network

jsc945

Back to top Go down

Mobile Social networking Empty forgot about link

Post  jsc945 Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:03 am

jsc945

Back to top Go down

Mobile Social networking Empty Re: Mobile Social networking

Post  Dave Sexton Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:42 am

I was in a Human Computer interaction class last quarter that talked a lot about ideas such as personalized advertising to mobile devices. Devices, like the ones mentioned in the article, could store your preferences and then only products that you are interested in would appear as you walk by retailer’s locations. For most of the people in my class, they seemed to think this was a great idea. Personally, I think that the privacy concerns completely outweigh the social benefits. I am one to lie on certain forms saying that I don’t own a cell phone rather than having to give my number away. Just the thought of corporations knowing your personal information, product history and even your location is way too “big brother” like for me.

Dave Sexton

Back to top Go down

Mobile Social networking Empty Re: Mobile Social networking

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down